Damien Pine is our ‘team’ expert – both about the All Blacks, and all things employment. Contact him for help with your team!
Damien has been a member of the AWS Legal team for more than two decades, and now leads our Employment Team advising clients on all aspects of employment law.
He first joined us as a solicitor in the Business Team in 2000 before being made a partner in 2004. He also manages AWS Legal’s Te Anau office.
Damien offers expert advice and support for his clients in:
- Representation at the Employment Relations Authority, Employment Court and Court of Appeal
- Negotiating, drafting and interpreting Employment Agreements
- Reviewing health and safety policies and other HR policies and procedures
- Assisting parties with dispute resolution
- Acting for both employers and employees in personal grievance claims
- Managing employment relationships from both a performance and misconduct perspective
- Providing advice in relation to restructuring of businesses and redundancies
Having graduated from the University of Otago in 2000 with a double degree LLB and BPhed (Hons), Damien’s honours dissertation combined his two passions of rugby and employment law when he examined the employment relationship between the All Blacks and the NZRFU.
Damien has previously led community-focussed organisations, too, having been a director of Southland DisAbility Enterprises as well as chair of the Food Rescue Trust.
When he’s not at work, you can find Damien keeping fit at the gym – you might recognise him as a certified Les Mills instructor for RPM and Pump.
Damien is also heavily involved with rugby, coaching the Woodlands Premiere side to five Galbraith Shield titles in the past decade, as well as coaching various Southland Representative teams.