Start your legal career with the team at AWS Legal.
In your first role following graduation, its our mission to provide you with a really solid grounding in legal practice, with excellent supervision and mentorship.
You’ll work closely with your supervising partner to gain a broad knowledge of the law and how it is applied in a practical sense. You’ll attend client meetings with your supervising partner and learn from some of the best in the business
You actively attend networking events and will start to become involved in the community. In short this is the launchpad for your future career as a solicitor.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer literacy
- Good research skills.
- Previous experience working in, and knowledge of the operation of a law firm.
- Completed (or ability to complete) the Professional Legal Studies Course
- Eligible for a NZ Practising Certificate
- Ability to build strong relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Ability to interpret legal information.
- A great team environment with an active social calendar
- A competitive salary
- A solid grounding in the fundamentals of legal practice, coupled with exposure to really interesting work early on in your career
- Excellent supervision and coaching
- A solicitor buddy from another team to provide support
- Quarterly formal check-ins
- Contribution towards professional studies
- Flexible and Volunteer Service leave
- Employee Referral Scheme
To apply fill out the form below, or for further details contact People and Capability Manager, Sheena Naughton at Sheena.Naughton@awslegal.co.nz